Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 11, 2008 - SCAT Practice

So i pretty much played hookie from work today. I needed a break bad from that place but it pays good money. Anyhow, I woke up this morning about 5:45AM. For some reason i just did...i guess i was excited to finally do some real racing. Adam's Kart Track is getting tiresome and boring.

Some key things i found out today. My labeled REAR (used in front) set of tires was DEAD. Well it turns out the middle section of the tire had heatcycled out because changing pressures from 42psi to 34psi made the tires grip more. Turns out running the higher pressures for so long had killed the center section. NOTE TO SELF... do what the pyrometer tells you and not what feels better.

Well in the morning I ran a 58.873 clean for my 3rd run. Good enough to be well ahead of other drivers and thats with the tires falling off big time. In the Afternoon, I thought i would try rotating the tires in hopes that only 2 of the tires were dead. My assumptions were correct and only 2 tires were dead. My guess is from the times i ran staggered.

Anyways in the afternoon i was able to consistently clock the same time around ending with my fastest 58.4xx. I then backed off and went home since of course i needed good tires for the championship the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment